Admissions: Dental Hygiene Program
Dental Hygiene Information Sessions
The Admissions Office and the Dental Hygiene Program Director will share up-to-date information about the program and answer questions about the curriculum, clinical assignments, support services and the admissions process. Attendance at an information session within the last two years is required for all applicants to the Dental Hygiene program.
See also: Dental Hygiene program overview
Dental Hygiene Application Materials
Dental Hygiene applicants are required to submit the following materials to the Admissions Office*, post-marked no later than 5:00pm on February 1:
- Application form
- Official high school transcript or GED/HiSET diploma
- Official and final college and/or university transcripts from all previous institutions ever attended
- College level or high school chemistry with a lab within the last 5 years
*Your application will be considered incomplete until all materials are received.
Please note: accepted students must have three (3) Hep B immunizations and titer completed by July 15, 2019. Failure to comply will result in removal from AS Dental Hygiene program.
Decisions & Deadlines
Admission into the Dental Hygiene program is highly selective and decisions are made on an individual basis by the CCCC admissions staff and Dental Hygiene program director. Admission decisions are based on a review of all courses completed with a heavy emphasis on math and science. The deadline for fall applicants is 5:00pm on February 1, 2019. The maximum enrollment for fall is 24 students. Once the enrolling class has been selected, a wait list of 30 students will be created in chronological order and maintained until the first week of classes in the fall semester.
- Application and materials deadline: February 1 at 5:00pm
- Maximum enrollment for Fall: 24
- Maximum wait listed: 30
When considering applications, the following are the most important criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in college course work
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in math and science courses
- College level or high school chemistry with a lab within the 5 years with a grade C or higher
- Total number of courses completed toward completion of the A.S. Dental Hygiene
- Related experience
- Application materials must be received by the Admissions Office, post marked no later than 5:00pm on February 1 (incomplete applications will not be reviewed)
Upon acceptance, accepted students must complete the following:
- Submit a $250.00 deposit (non-refundable after July 15)
- Submit completed CORI/SORI form by the deadline
- Submit student immunizations records by July 15, including completion of the Hep B series and completed titer
- Attend the mandatory Dental Hygiene student orientation
Please note: failure to comply with the above by the specified dates may result in withdrawal from the AS Dental Hygiene program.
The Dental Hygiene program at Cape Cod Community College is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312.440.4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: www.ada.org/100.aspx
Upon successful completion of the program, a student receives an Associate in Science Degree and is eligible to sit for the National and Regional Board examinations.
For questions regarding admission to the A.S. Dental Hygiene program please contact the Office of Admissions: