Student Commencement Speaker
Give the Speech of your Life
Cape Cod Community College's 2019 Commencement: Thursday, May 23, 4:00pm
In order to be considered as the student representative for the class of 2019, you must be graduating in May or August.
Submission process guidelines and process:
- On or before midnight, Friday, April 26, submit a 400–500 word essay that briefly illustrates your 4C's story, what the theme of your speech would be, and why you would like to be chosen. Please put “speech of your life” in the subject line and submit your essay to: email@example.com
- Finalists will be notified on April 29 and invited to meet with the selection committee preferably on Wednesday, May 1 between 2:00 and 4:00pm.
- Finalists should be prepared to give a 2–3 minute extemporaneous (planned, but not read) version of their commencement speech at that time.
- The commencement speaker will be chosen and notified no later than Monday, May 6.
- The speaker will then be responsible for creating a 5–7 minute manuscript by Monday, May 11.
- A faculty coach will then be assigned to help the student practice their presentation.