Appeal Procedure

If a student has questions or disagrees with any part of their accommodation plan, the student should immediately contact the person who developed the plan (Coordinator of O’Neill Center or Learning Disabilities Specialist) to discuss the matter. If, after this consultation, the student still disagrees with the decision, the student may appeal to the College’s ADA/504 Coordinator who will assist the student through informal or formal steps as outlined in the Affirmative Action Discrimination Grievance Procedures in the Policy on Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity and Diversity this policy is available onlinePDF document or at the College's Human Resources Office.

If an instructor has questions regarding or disagrees with the College Accommodation Plan for a particular student, the instructor should contact the Coordinator O’Neill Center or Learning Disabilities Specialist whose name is on the College Accommodation Plan. If the instructor still disagrees with the accommodation after consulting with the staff member, the instructor may request a review of the accommodation by contacting the college’s ADA/504 Coordinator.

If the instructor does not provide the accommodation, the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and the Academic Dean is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation is provided in a timely manner.


O'Neill Center for Student Access and Support
Location Maureen M. Wilkens Hall, Room 222
Hours Monday–Friday: 8:00am–4:00pm
(later times by appointment)
Phone 774.330.4337